If the project requests a record of hazardous chemicals you will see an alert on your dashboard. Take the following steps to upload the details.
1. Click the ‘Click Here’ button from the dashboard for hazardous chemicals.
Note: You can also click the ‘No chemicals to declare’ button.
2. If the dashboard alert is missing or you have already uploaded records, select 'More', click on the ‘Hazchem’ tab and then select ‘Add’.
3. The following screen will be displayed. Fill in the details and click ‘Submit’ (18).
a) Select the project from the drop-down options (1).
b) Fill in the name of the chemical (2).
c) If the chemical is hazardous, tick this checkbox (3).
d) If the chemical is dangerous tick this checkbox (4).
e) If the chemical is non-hazardous and non-dangerous tick this checkbox (5).
f) Fill in the manufacturing information (6).
g) Fill in the supplier information (7).
h) Fill in the location where the chemical has been stored (8).
i) Fill in the intended use (9).
j) Select if placarding is required (10).
k) Fill in the quantity on site (11).
l) Select the proper measuring unit from the drop-down options (12).
m) By default the ‘Currently on site’ box will be selected. Deselect if the adding hazardous chemical is not yet on site (13).
n) From the small calendar icon select the issued date for the ‘Safety Data Sheets’ (14).
o) By default the expiry date for the ‘Safety Data Sheets’ will be set up 5 years from the selected issued date. To change it select the correct date from the small calendar icon (15). Once you have added the dates upload the safety Datasheet by clicking the ‘Browse’ button.
p) From the small calendar icon select the issued date for the ‘Risk Assessment’ (16).
q) By default the expiry date for the ‘Risk Assessment’ will be set up 5 years from the selected issued date. To change it select the correct date from the small calendar icon (17). Once you have added the dates upload the Risk Assessment by clicking the ‘Browse’ button.
Note: If you have trouble uploading documents please click the ‘Online - 'Chat with us’ button at the bottom of your screen.
4. To check the list of all your hazardous chemicals, on the left side menu select 'More' and click on the ‘Hazchem’ tab. To narrow the results, select the necessary filters and click on the ‘Filter’ button (1).
Choose to export the list by clicking on the ‘Export’ button (2) in the top right corner.
Click the ‘view’ button (3) next to the hazardous chemical to check the record.
5. Once you have clicked the ‘view’ button you will see the following screen. If you make any changes click the ‘Update’ button to save (1), the record can also be deleted (2).
6. Scrolling down the page you will get to the ‘Documents’ table. Any RA or SDS documents will show with the expiry date. If you need to upload more click the ‘ADD’ button (1) on the top right of the table. If you need to upload a recent file to replace the existing one click the ‘Supersede’ button (2) or to see more details click the ‘view’ button next to the document (3).