If your blue dot in Live Access is showing in the wrong place the following things can help figure out what the problem is. Live Access works with GPS satellites and your location will be effected when there is heavy cloud cover.
1. Open Google Maps or other Map app
Check to see if both Live Access and Google Maps are showing you in the same place.
If Google Maps is showing you in the correct place try step 2. If there is no change to your location please report the issue with a screen shot from both Apps to: email@example.com.
If both Apps show your blue dot in the wrong place you can follow the steps below to see if the location.
2. Close the Live Access App
Double click the Home button on your Iphone, find the Live Access app and swipe up to close. Reopen the app and check the location.
3. Wi-Fi can cause a delay in location updates
Wi-Fi, cellular network, and Bluetooth connections allows your iPhone to pinpoint your location a lot faster than just using GPS satellite information. To check if this is effecting your location follow the steps below:
- Go to the settings menu
- Go to Wifi and change the slider to off
- Open the Live Access App and check your location.
- If there is no change follow the first two steps again to turn Wifi on.
4. Check Live Access Location settings
Apps that use Location Services require permission to do so. If this has been denied or the settings changes your location will be effected.
You can check app permissions by following these steps:
- Go to Settings
- Select Privacy
- Select Location Services (make sure this is on)
- Find the Live Access App in the list
- It should show as 'Always' or 'While Using the App'
- If 'Never' is shown next to Live Access open and change to allow access.
- Open the Live Access app and check
5. Reset Location Services
Resetting your Location Services will update your location permissions and that can fix any issues that my have arisen. *You will need to enter your passcode to do this.
- Go to Settings
- Select General
- Go to Reset
- Select 'Reset Location & Privacy'
- Enter your passcode
- Select Reset
- Open the Live Access App and Allow the app to use your Location.
Further information can be under the Google Maps help centre found Here